Choosing The Best Castile Soap
Castile soap is soap that is made from olive oil. The name Castile was derived from the Castile region of Spain. There are many castile soap manufacturers but how can you tell which soap is the best quality? Here are some points to remember how to choose the best castile soap?
• The soap must be made with extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin oil is the oil derived from the first cold pressing of olives. Aside from the type of olive oil used, you must be very particular that the soap does not contain artificial additives and fragrances that often cause irritation and inflammation.
• The color of castile soap is usually in tones of green and brown. Choose oils that are made from virgin olive oil or a cheaper alternative, Pomace oil or vegetable oils. Castile soap from coconut oil may only dry skin and have found to cause skin allergies in sensitive people.
• Another way to determine if you are using high quality castile soap is the soap does not actually lather; this means that only pure extra virgin olive oil was used to make the soap.
• Pure castile soap cleans very well even if these do not lather like other soaps. Most bars last for a very long time since the soap bar is made from pure oil. Although there are liquid forms of castile soap, these may not be pure castile soap since additives and other ingredients may have been added to preserve the olive oil.
• Some products may be added to castile soap like potassium hydroxide to enhance the action of the soap however this chemical is an organic compound that is known to be corrosive. Natural castile soaps do not contain this kind of chemical at all.