Steps Taken Towards Vaccine Hepatitis C
Medical science is developing ideas and once again it has proved to be worth. A team of researchers from Canada has made a good discovery of vaccine that will definitely help to fight Hepatitis C. Hepatitis C virus was discovered in 1989 and there were no vaccines to combat the Hepatitis C.
The vaccine that is developed with a single strain was very much effective against the known strains of virus. The whole process took more than 10 years and now the vaccine is developed that can properly treat Hepatitis C. Li Ka Shing Chair started the process 10 years back, when he was working in Novartis. He followed the previous vaccine test and was able to found out the best kind of vaccine to conflict Hepatitis C.
This was a kind of challenge according to Houghton. Hepatitis C is more dangerous than HIV and this particular vaccine can help to neutralize the strains. The antibodies by the vaccine can help to reduce the effect of the Hepatitis C virus. The further development of the vaccine is going on. This can become a good step in the field of vaccinology.
Thousands of people are suffering from Hepatitis C and out of which, 20-30% are developing liver disease. The discovery of this vaccine can help in various numbers of ways. The approval of the vaccine may require more than 5- 7 years. Further testing process is on process and it is sure to make some difference for the patients, who are badly suffering from the Hepatitis C.
- A Universal Vaccine For Influenza
- A Possible Cancer Vaccine?
- New Vaccine For Malaria
- Annual Vaccine For Childhood Flu May Interfere With The Development Of Crossresistance
- Victrelis By Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) Working In HIV Patients In Phase 2 Study
- Do You Know The Suggested CDC Vaccinations?
- Public Health Is Still Threatened By Polio According To Experts
- Top 3 Steps to Slow Down the Ageing Process
- Does My Baby Have Measles?