A Small Step Forward In Cancer Treatment
A good study handled by the OHIO has come up with a new horizon to fight against cancer. This will be a parallel dimension for the already existing treatment methods. As per the data that was published in Journal of Clinical Oncology, the combination of two drugs that was used on a patient can help to treat metastatic tumours. This is not a kind of innovation, as there are many treatments in which two drugs are used at a time for curing the problem. This can become a source of anticipation for the patients.
Dr Javier Cortes who is the head of the Breast cancer program at VHIO explained the combination of the drugs and that can really make out some kind of difference. This will not only provide latest kind of alternatives for the patients, but will also act as parallel therapeutic options for the other existing kind of treatments. The combination of the pharmaceutical treatments will boost up the resistance of the patients.
This particular study was mainly focused on HER2+ breast cancer, although it could be done on other kind of tumours. Breast tumours can be mainly seen in Western women. In Spain more than 24, 000 cases are handled in a single year. According to the calculation done, it can be easily stated that one out of every nine women suffers for breast cancer. The presence of the early diagnosis, screening and treatments has reduced the problem, but still the presence of some aggressive kind of tumours cannot be stopped.
- New Treatment To Prevent Lung Cancer
- A Promising Treatment To Stop The Spread Of Breast Cancer
- New Cancer Treatment
- Discovery Promising Treatment For Late – Stage Ovarian Cancer
- Promising Delivery System of Breast Cancer Drugs
- Applying Hormone Treatment For Prostate Cancer – Pros And Cons
- Increased Breast Cancer Risk In Alcohol Consumption By Adolescents
- Some Benign Breast Lumps and their Treatment
- Prostate Cancer In Men Over 80 – Appropriate Treatment