Milk Thistle To Prevent Cancer
A natural derivative from milk thistle known as silibinin is said to stop lung cancer in mice. This study was conducted to check if there is a way in which the tumor can be stopped from growing. Silibinin is being used since 2000 years for treating ailments related to the gall bladder and the liver. However, this new study has helped in discovering new benefits of the natural extract as compared to the various other treatments of lung cancer available today. The study was performed by Alpna Tyagi from the University Of Colorado Skaggs School Of Pharmacy who works for their Cancer Centre Lab.
There is an end product to every cell and in the case of lung cancer it is COX2 and iNOS. These aid the tumor growth and hence to stop the link that leads to this end product is the only solution to curb lung cancer. The Silibinin or milk thistle extract helps in breaking this link at the upper stream level known as STAT1 and STAT3 which are enzymes that signal the process in the link. If this is achieved the molecular billboards in the mouse are removed and thus have known to stop the spread of lung cancer in them.
- Stopping Skin Cancer Dead On Its Tracks
- A Promising Treatment To Stop The Spread Of Breast Cancer
- Knowing The Early Stages In Prostate Cancer
- Discovery Promising Treatment For Late – Stage Ovarian Cancer
- How Does Acai Berry Prevent Colon Diseases?
- Does Vasectomy Lead To Developing Prostate Cancer?
- Increased Breast Cancer Risk In Alcohol Consumption By Adolescents
- Symptoms Of Prostate Cancer Vs Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Prevent Diabetes: Eat Fish